Thursday 18 November 2021

All My Pretty Chickens

So, it turns out the summaries of Race of Scorpions, which I read to have some hope of following the density of a Dorothy Dunnett plot, skipped the events of chapters nine and ten.

Head in Hands
"Head in Hands" by Alex E. Proimos is licensed under CC BY-NC 2.0

Said events, dear reader, messed me up.

Beware: Race of Scorpions is not the charming boat-trip-and-competition-between-merchants-is-fun hi-jinks that is Spring of the Ram

(Good clean fun in that portion of the Niccolo-verse includes faking the plague, setting things on fire, and pretending you've taken a vow of chastity to get out of sleeping with an emperor. Never let it me said that Dunnett novels are undramatic.)

I'm obviously going to keep reading but very gingerly.

And in the meantime, if you have a cat, give it a snuggle and a treat from me.

No comments:

Post a Comment