Thursday 4 November 2021

A Happy Ending

Midway through a mid-morning workshop for a grant application on which I am currently working (more on that anon), I glanced at my email and saw an update from the courier service: my package had been delivered. They even included a photo!

A promising box at my door...

I am now the proud owner of six out of eight volumes of the House of Niccolo series. They are a mongrel secondhand lot but all clean, readable, and mine, which is a very fine thing.

I discovered today that I somehow failed to order the remaining two volumes but that has been remedied--and fortunately they are volumes six and seven of the series. I love Dunnett but these books are not ones to rush through--I probably won't have made it through book three before they arrive.

Is there any happiness to equal that of new books?

No comments:

Post a Comment