Sunday 6 November 2022

Music I Like, #6: Step by Step by Pete Seeger, arr. John McCutcheon

Being introduced to great music by a friend is one of the true pleasures of life. When I was in high school, our friend Catherine introduced me and my sister to one of her favourite artists, the incredible American folk musician and songwriter John McCutcheon. I left my CDs at home when I moved to UK, and hadn't listened to McCutcheon for years--until the coronavirus pandemic hit and he played a regular concert over Facebook Live. The three of us got together to listen from three time zones and two countries, sharing our delight in what we were hearing by sending each other text messages.

Today is the New York City Marathon, and so this one also comes with a dedication for everyone who had a difficult day in today's hot and humid weather, and most especially to the back of the back runners finishing in the dark. Step by step, you got this!

No comments:

Post a Comment