Wednesday 30 November 2022

Music I Like, #30, Keep Going West (Liz Pappademas) 

If one should admit to having a favourite breakup song, this is mine. There are so many things I love about this song, I have to make a flypaper thoughts style list to encompass some of them.

  • The piano intro
  • In fact, the piano part throughout the song
  • The vocals, opening with a mumbled groan, as though it physically hurts to sing this song
  • The deep huskiness of Pappademas' voice
  • The way the refrain gets progressively more intense as the song goes on
  • This lyric: "I am curled on one side of the bed / in a motel six with my independence"
  • This description: "the low sky hangs in God's own noose"
  • All the lyrics and all the descriptions
  • I love this song

 

No comments:

Post a Comment