Monday 21 November 2022

Music I Like, #21, Edge of Glory by Lady Gaga

My knowledge of popular music is mostly bounded by what was on the radio in the early 2000s. When I was in middle school, one of the bus drivers  always turned it up for Eminem, and in my teens, there was the dance floor at chamber music camp. (Italicized for the hilarity, but in all honesty, the people who controlled that playlist had great taste in dance music.) Further exposure came when I was in university, through the long and varied playlists my frat brothers would put on while we hung out or played pool on Friday evenings. Lady Gaga was usually added to those playlists, and I can never hear songs like 'Bad Romance', 'Poker Face', 'Just Dance' or especially 'Edge of Glory' without thinking fondly of that time in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment