Wednesday 1 December 2021

Last Day!

It's the last day of November and I have successfully completed NaNoBlogMo! This time of the year is one I endure rather than enjoy--the dramatic disappearance of daylight and demands of this part of the academic year wear on me. It's hard to believe it has gone so quickly. 

I have enjoyed the challenge of writing a daily post. I did not end up finished everything I wanted to write--posts about my Humfrey Wanley fellowship and historians in science fiction are still in the pipeline. Oh, and 'tis the season where I should start writing posts about Medieval Mitten Miracles again. 

Red-tailed Hawk
Get ready for tales of naughty birds flying off with mittens!

I was inspired and slightly awed by Pat Thomson's post about AcWriMo on her blog Patter--she used the month to get through an entire book draft. Wow! To be clear, she says in the post that she started with 14,000 words already written, and the book is 50,000 words long--but still, writing 36,000 words of academic prose in a month is a FEAT. 

I'm not going to try to write a book in a month in 2022, but I plan  to take part in AcWriMo myself next year--I might even organise something with other academic writers at my institution. A 7,500 word article is 250 words a day: an achievable but challenging target. Anyway, I hope you have enjoyed the poems, pictures, recipes, and news about my book! Thank you for reading.

Image credit: "Red-tailed Hawk" by Jon David Nelson is licensed under CC BY-NC-SA 2.0

No comments:

Post a Comment